Hopp til hovedinnhold
Hopp til søkeboks
Hopp over båndkommandoer
Logg på

Get started in Norway

Karine Engebretsen Publisert:01.10.2018 13:49

Ny i Norge.PNG

Bildet er hentet fra hjemmesiden til New i Norway

New in Norway

Practical information from public offices. 

Work in Norway

Official guide by NAV.

Service Centre for Foreign Workers, SUA

    • The Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA) is a centre where the Labour Inspection Authority (Arbeidstilsynet), the police (politiet), the Norwegian Tax Administration (Skatteetaten) and the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) work together to provide an efficient application process and guidance for foreigners who come to Norway to work.
    • There are five SUA service centres. Choose a city to see opening hours and locations: OSLO  –  STAVANGER  –  BERGEN  –  TRONDHEIM  –  KIRKENES
    • The SUA centre in Schweigaarsgate in Oslo is a one-stop-shop for :
      • Registration certificate (registreringsbevis) if you are citizen of an EU/EEA country 
      • Residence permit if you are from a country outside the EU/EEA
      • Residence card, as a proof of your residence permit...
      • Tax deduction card (skattekort) and at the same time get a Norwegian identity number
      • Information about HSE-cards for employees in the construction industry and the cleaning sector
      • They can answer questions related to working conditions, for example on working hours and wage terms in Norway

Norwegian mail

Healthservices and rights 


Emergency care 

If you have an accident or need urgent care and can't wait to see your GP, you can visit your nearest legevakt (emergency room). All municipalities in Norway have an emergency room that's open 24 hours a day. You should call 116 117 to get in touch with your local emergency room. (Link til legevakten i Halden, siden bør oversettes til engelsk- http://halden.kommune.no/helseogomsorg/legevakt/Sider/side.aspx 

If the situation is life-threatening, you should call 113 straight away.​

Sist oppdatert: 23.11.2018 10:19

Halden kommune - Postboks 150, 1751 Halden - Storgata 8, 1771 Halden - Telefon 69 17 45 00 - Telefax 69 18 00 58
Org. nr.: 959159092  Ansvarlig redaktør: Karine Engebretsen -